Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lesson one, page one, continued again!

I wasn't going to post tonight, but I was so pleased with this one I just had to.


Look at how close that is! Oh how it is to be pleased. So pleased I'll share a few doodles I did at work today when I should have been painting a mural. I got to thinking about how to construct a poodle out of circles and ovals (I work at a dog grooming parlor and own a Toy Poodle), and wound up drawing this. I like the one in the lower left hand corner. Not that these are brilliant works of art...

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig D said...

Good job on nailing that oval! It's no small accomplishment.

Those poodle sketches are, dare I say it, really cute. I like the head in the lower right hand corner. There'll be plenty of opportunity to draw doggies as you progress. (They've given me fits!)

Keep it up!

...you're working on a mural?

4:43 AM

 
Blogger Louisa The Last said...

Yeah, at work I'm putting some sorta...Disney-like dogs on the wall, and a couple of cats. I like working really, really large and in paint, when the opportunity presents itself. They're a little cartoony, but more realistic than, say, the Preston Blair dogs. I started in realism and moved the cartooning, so sometimes that's more comfortable to me.

7:23 AM

 
Blogger Louisa The Last said...

Moved TO cartooning, rather.

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home