Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Getting better, see? Having a print-out rather than referring to the computer screen helped a LOT. I'll post more later...probably tonight.


My major main problem right now seems to be in making the actual shape of the egg accurate. I tend to want to make it more narrow at the "pointed" end than it actually is. I think I'll do some more tracing.


I'm pretty happy with these two. The angle on all the features is right, and that's the tricky part. Craig D's tip about looking at negative spaces has REALLY helped, particularly in figuring out the distance and shape between the eyes and the placement of the upper lip.


I forgot to write "Egghead Down right- Attempt #1" on this picture, but that's what it is. I've noted the differences that I saw on it, but there's also just something...wrong about it. We'll see how it goes on later drafts.

10 Comments:

Blogger Craig D said...

Way to go! Glad to hear that "tip" helped you. I feel just like Goerge Bailey, now.

You're making better-shaped ovals, too. Isn't it satisfying to make some progress?

Keep it up!

Craig D.

5:07 AM

 
Blogger Louisa The Last said...

It is, it is. But I can't wait to move onto some actual faces. Particularly the animals, since that's what I generally like to draw.

8:18 AM

 
Blogger Craig D said...

HERE'S a link to a blog entry I wrote about un-learning and re-learning, inspired by this whole Preston Blair thing.

FWIW

10:57 AM

 
Blogger Diana and Kelly said...

Hi louisa. thanks a lot for leaving a comment on my blog. i hope to see stuff about your reptiles eventually=) in the meanwhile--great eggheads.

8:36 PM

 
Blogger Diana and Kelly said...

sorry that this is off topic.
have you ever had turtles before? five words: poop, poop, and more poop. you will either have to eventually invest in a super duper filtertronic5000 or be miserable changing your sliders' water every other day. don't forget to give em full spectrum light to bask in.
best wishes.

7:18 PM

 
Blogger Louisa The Last said...

Oh, yeah. I have a good reptile filter, and we keep the tank clean through that and through the plecos and catfish that inhabit the tank with them, as well as weekly gravel vacuumings. We had snails, but...well, the turtles enjoyed the snails greatly once they figured out a way around those pesky shells.

Right now they're still babies, so the mess isn't too big. By the time they're a little larger we'll have an even bigger tank with a more powerful filter.

9:09 PM

 
Blogger Diana and Kelly said...

hi louisa
for those eggheads, are you really supposed to take a real egg and draw the axes and face on there?

2:10 PM

 
Blogger Louisa The Last said...

No no, they're just drawings I have to copy. I call them eggheads because they're eggshaped.

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Diana and Kelly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:57 PM

 
Blogger Diana and Kelly said...

i figured, but wasn't sure, that you're just supposed to draw the eggheads from imagined perspective. but i did try taking a real egg anyway and drew a face on it. that was such a production that i haven't gotten around to actually using my model yet.
i also posted a comment under john k's "more animal crowds" suggesting the axolotls to him, turns out he's already done an axolotl!

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home